Friday, July 3, 2009

Simple as 1,2,3!



I have a little addiction to HGTV. I typically don't watch much television, but I can get sucked into a show on that channel very quickly! I have learned a lot from watching over the years--I have seen things I would love to do to my home and some things I would never do! But, it's always an education, and I love to learn new things.


One of the things that I learned about organizing that I thought was so simple and effective, was the way to organize a HUGE amount of "stuff" when you are starting from ground zero. Begin by separating your extra belongings (after you have determined what those items are) into three groups: sell, donate, toss. It's really that easy! There are usually a lot of things that could bring you a little profit at a garage sale or yard sale--so start there! Then, donate what you can't sell to a church or organization that helps people in need. Finally, there are simply some things that are useless and worthless that just need to be thrown away! Once you have done those things, you have begin to take what you have left in your home and organize it. Now that all that extra "stuff" is gone it will be SO much easier to put things in order.


This process may be easy, but that doesn't mean it won't take some time. It may take you hours, days or even several weeks to sort through everything--but, boy is it worth it!


If you do this, please email me and let me know how it went for you--I love organizing success stories!


Happy sorting! :)